Friday, August 9, 2013

surely fitting rooms offer the best lighting for photo shoots...

     Sooo... I guess the only thing I've proved thus far with this new blog is that I was not lying when I said I'm a god-awful July blogger. Two and a half posts? [the half-post coming from the 14/7 blog I started but, alas, did not post, let alone actually complete] that's got to be a record, even for me. But fear not, I have all intentions to keep this here blog up with more regular posts that are hopefully more photographically-pleasing and witty. 
     I shall begin this new resolution with a revelation. I have been working at the anthropologie store in Santana Row for almost two months now and maybe a month or so in, I realized that I am much more fashionable than I've ever given myself credit for. The vast majority of my clothing may come from the Gap, Banana Republic and Target, but I have found myself more than capable of creating looks for work that have elicited compliments from co-workers, shoppers and strangers alike. So I have now become a firm believer in the idea that you do not need a trust-fund or a winning lottery ticket to be fabulous. All the fabulous-ness you need is right in your closet. You just need the patience and imagination to take things to the next level

work outfit from 22/7. 
Boots: Target; Jeans: H&M [in Grenoble, France]; Tank-top: Old Navy [thanks Shan! I stole this from you]; Top: Free People [thanks again Shan! ahah sorry. kinda stole this too]; Belt: from a Jessica Simpson dress [Macy's]; Necklace: from a street vendor. 


     But I must admit that this evening I spent far too much of my most recent paycheck to spice-up my wardrobe with some things from Urban Outfitters. What can I say? I like to keep it in the family. It's a odd feeling when Urban Outfitters becomes the affordable store for you. Hopefully I'll keep up my act long enough to post pictures of the bounty I acquired. Hmm... maybe just a little preview?... Well, you convinced me! Here ya go:

photo courtesy of my insti: @kathrynelizabethmac





à la prochaine...

2 comments:

  1. i'll take the compliment that you are super fashionable.. and wearing clothes I picked out... so therefore.. I am super fashionable?? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! it's simple math! it's all about what you do with what you have!!

      Delete