Monday, August 19, 2013

home.

     So I've been back from Grenoble for longer than I was there. A lot longer. Almost 3x longer. But I still get these very real, very intense flashbacks once in a while that split open my heart like a fresh break-up. I guess even when you break up with a place you truly love [instead of a person], nine months still isn't enough time to heal. [but maybe it's because when you break-up with a place, you also lose the people and the smells/tastes/sights of the city and the person you felt you were while you were there]. Well just today I had an even more intense, painful, incredible, joyful reminder of my time in France. I got some film developed over the weekend and picked it up this afternoon [I wanted just prints, but it was friggin expensive even just to get the cd]. The rolls included a variety of times and locales, but imma start with a handful taken by me with my Holga [from Urban!] within a quarter mile of my homestay in Grenoble:














No comments:

Post a Comment